Encoding and Transcription Benchmarks
This page is a work in progress.
Indiana Magazine of History
Project consists of the encoding of a scholarly journal in TEI P4.
Approximately 2,400 characters per page; 44,800 pages.
Additional Encoding / Quality Control
- 1 minute/page (letters, diaries, header review, structural spot checking)
Place names (All) / Quality Control
- 5 minutes/page with TGN controlled vocabulary (fix all place names)
- 1.5 minutes/page with TGN controlled vocabulary for Indiana place names only
Original encoding / per issue
- ~75 hours including place name tagging, creation of independent headers, and article-level PDFs.
Project consists of encoding monogaphs and a 3-volume encyclopedia, Indiana Authors and Their Books
Monographs, TEI Lite, P4
- 150 volumes, 300 pages = 45,000 pages
- 2-4 minutes/page for prose
- 4-6 minutes/page for verse
- 6-8 minutes/page for drama
- (Not benchmarked; vendor-encoded)