- Unique identifier is most important in HydraDAM2, use Avalon for discovery
- this would be from inputting one by one
- HydraDAM2 needs to have reporting (fixity checking)
- Maybe create batch requests from Avalon to HydraDAM2 for discovery that brings back multiple results
- Maybe use same Solr index between Avalon and HydraDAM2?
- Is Dark Avalon going to have EVERYTHING? ask jon
- if it doesn’t, than discovery has to fully capable in HydraDAM2
- Example searches - rights info (object level), format types (file level), fixity (file level)
- Original format and events that happened during digitization - Memnon/IU XML file
- could facet on original formats
- Original location - POD XML should have this info
- How do we record any events that occur on the item from preservation activities?
- does this become a new XML file?
- do we record properties on the file object to express events that occurred?
- do we care? can’t necessarily do any analysis on these types of events now but someday it would be possible and could be revealing about systems/hardware that is failing - seems useful to record everything, somehow
- Maybe Avalon will show structure like in the complex diagram using PCDM?
- SIP - not everything being preserved bit level; derivative files are not being bit-level preserved; files from Memnon, Memnon/IU XML, MODS XML, and POD XML (ask Brian if this is always there - YES IT IS) are being bit-level preserved
- What system is going to control creation of new derivatives? check fixity in HydraDAM2 then pull master to create derivative; how does this get pushed to other systems? is there version control on derivative file? Does SIP get this new derivative, and how does Avalon get this new derivative?
- Update simple diagram to show ffprobe.xml files on each access/prod/pres file object from SIP - Julie - DONE