How to integrate your ORCiD record with Digital Measures to simplify annual reporting
These steps will apply once the DM integration is complete.
1. Navigate to Activities > Import Publications. This will display the page shown at Figure 1.
2. Click on the Create or Connect your ORCiD ID button, which is located in the middle of the right hand side of the page.
Creating the Connection
This will display the pop-up shown in Figure 2 and register, using an institutional IU account. If you have previously registered with a personal account, add your institutional email to the personal ORCiD account and then sign in using the institutional account). Once signed in the system will display the dialog box shown at Figure 3, and you will be asked to Authorize or Deny Indiana University access to your ORCiD Record. If you choose 'Deny' this will take you back to the page shown at Figure 1. If Authorize is chosen, the system will set a 20 year token and once the initial connection is made, you (and IU) will be able to search the ORCiD Repository.
Figure 2 Figure 3
3.After choosing Authorize the system will load the page shown at Figure 4.
This now shows that DM is connected to ORCiD. To proceed, click the Search ORCiD button, which is located in the middle of the right-hand side of the page. This is how the system accesses your ORCiD record. A sample record is shown at Figure 5.
This fictional sample record shows that the fictional faculty member ‘John’ has 8 works and you can see the privacy settings on the right hand side. In the fictional record, one publication is set to Only Me. The University will not have access to that work, so the search will only pull in 7 of the 8 works for import. In addition, where a work contains a DOI - the Digital Measures system will search the source (e.g.CrossRef or Scopus) for additional metadata so that the University will get as much metadata as possible - other authors, editor, citations etc. Some metadata like Impact Factor is not included. This sample record is for explanatory purposes only - it does not appear in the import publications workflow. What will appear is the page shown at Figure 6.
4. Figure 6 shows the 7 publications that the University has accessed through the ORCiD search, which you have authorized at step 2. Because the system searches ORCiD as well as other repositories like CrossRef and Scopus. this authenticates the information and there is no need to check each entry individually. Use the check-boxes on the right hand side to select the publications then click the Continue button in the top right hand corner of the page.
5. This will take you to the Match Collaborators page shown at Figure 7. After this step (not required) click the Continue button on the top right corner of the page. This will take you to the Review and Finish page (Figure 8).
6. Review and Finish (Figure 8) - This section displays a detail page for each publication. You can then use the arrows at the top of the detail page to navigate through the publications if you wish to review them. To finish the import click the Finish Import button on the top right hand side of the page. When this is done all authorized publications are imported into Digital Measures. Within each individual record (see Figure 9) at the bottom of the page it shows you that the source of the information was ORCiD and if it was supplemented with additional date, in this case from Scopus.