The full Twitter glossary: https://support.twitter.com/articles/166337-the-twitter-glossary
- Tweet - A 140 character message sent via Twitter to your network or followers.
- Timeline - List your tweets and the tweets from the people you follow.
- Follow - A way to connect or "friend" someone on Twitter. To see a messages posted by friends, family, etc. a users must “follow” or subscribe to that person’s twitter account. New messages from friends and family will automatically appear in the user's timeline.
- Retweet - When a user sends a tweet that has been sent by another user in their network; it is similar to forwarding an email message. Retweeting forwards the message you received from your Twitter network to your followers. This allows your network to see the tweet and to also pass it on to their respective networks. The retweet also sends the @id or username of the person originally posting the tweet and establishes a sort of provenance--an excellent way to broaden your network.
- Favorites - A way to "like" a tweet. Can also be used to save tweets.
- Hashtag - Community driven method for curating tweets on a particular topic. Hashtags are created by adding the "#" sign to the beginning of a word.
- Direct Messages (DM) - Private messages sent to a specified user. The message will only go to that user; both users must be following each other to send a DM.
- Modified Tweet (MT)- Placed before the retweeted text when users manually retweet a message with modifications, for example shortening a Tweet.
- Mentions - When your Twitter username or handle is included anywhere in a tweet, often used as a way to send a message to someone
- Lists - A way for you to organize the people you follow on Twitter into groups.
- Trends or Trending on Twitter - hashtags for popular topics being discussed on Twitter, often pop culture topics
- @ - The @ sign is used to call out or mention usernames in Tweets, like this: Hello @Twitter! When a username is preceded by the @ sign, it becomes a link to a Twitter profile
- Twitter Bootcamp: http://twitbootcamp.tumblr.com/
- A Tweeta' at LITA: 13 Tips for Using Twitter to Enhance Your Conference Experience https://blogs.libraries.iub.edu/redux/2011/10/10/a-tweeta-at-lita/
- Libraries and Twitter: https://blogs.libraries.iub.edu/redux/2012/07/01/writing-for-the-web-tip-othe-week-twitter/
- Social Is as Social Does: What Libraries Can Learn from Cory Booker and Ben & Jerry's https://blogs.libraries.iub.edu/redux/2013/02/18/social-is-as-social-does/
- Anne's Big Twitter List of Librarians, Technologists, User Experience Practitioners, and Content Strategists: https://twitter.com/annehaines/lists/library-tech-ux
- How to Save your Social Media Content to Evernote http://blog.evernote.com/blog/2013/11/26/how-to-capture-your-social-media-memories-with-evernote/