How to Update to Variations Webapps 6.2
This page explains how to upgrade from 6.1 to 6.2 for the Variations web applications (Web Services, Web UI, and Access Manager). If you have any questions about or problems with the update process, please contact Chris Colvard (812-856-0026, email@example.com).
To see a list of changes, see the 6.2 changelog in our JIRA bug tracker:
Step 1. Upgrade the Variations Webapps from 6.1 to 6.2
Note: The upgrade process will stop your Variations web applications. You will also have to allow time for some hand-editing of configuration files to preserve your local customizations. And finally you will have to restart your Variations web applications.
To install the new webapps, execute the following commands from your tomcat directory, /usr/local/tomcat, as the user tomcat.
- Download the 6.2 version of variations-ws-server.war, variations-ui-web.war, and variation-mgmt-web.war.
- First, undeploy the existing webapps and back them up:
mv /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/variations-ws-server.war /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/variations-ws-server.war.6.1
mv /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/variations-ui-web.war /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/variations-ui-web.war.6.1
mv /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/variations-mgmt-web.war /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/variations-mgmt-web.war.6.1
- Check that the webapps have been undeployed by seeing if the directories of the same name are gone:
- Deploy the downloaded webapps by copying them into tomcat's webapp directory
- Edit /usr/local/tomcat/conf/variations-ws-server/config.xml:
- Change the accessPolicy.xml path from /home/dmlserv/Variations-6.*/conf/server/accessPolicy.xml to /home/dmlserv/app/conf/server/accessPolicy.xml.
- Edit /usr/local/tomcat/conf/variations-ui-web/config.xml:
- Change the lease WS url and metadata WS url from http to https.
- Move and change the uiLoggingRemoteHost to be a system property instead of a servlet context attribute:
- Edit /usr/local/tomcat/conf/variations-mgmt-web/config.xml:
- Change the bibinfo WS url from http to https.
- Restart tomcat:
- That's it! Check that the newly deployed webapps are functioning properly.