Setting up the Incoming Samba Share
The following steps need to be run as root.
- Create a user for samba logins to use:
useradd -M -s /sbin/nologin digitize
- A group of the same name is needed and this group will be created on Red Hat systems by default.
- Next add dmlserv to the digitize group just created:
usermod -G digitize dmlserv
- Give a samba password and add the new user:
smbpasswd -a digitize
- Create the samba share by editing /etc/samba/smb.conf:
- Restart samba to apply the new settings:
- Change the owning group of the audio and score incoming directories:
chgrp digitize /home/dmlserv/content/loader/audio/incoming
chgrp digitize /home/dmlserv/content/loader/score/incoming
This is already done in Hosted Partner Streaming Server Installation except for chgrp on ../score/incoming.
Maybe because we only have ../loader/audio, no ../loader/score.