- User has content to upload to Avalon
- User wants to perform digital preservation on this content and store in archival storage
- User would like to use Archivematica workflow to do so
- Archivematica pipeline might have other purposes besides Avalon workflows
- User is working with Archivematica 1.9+
- User is working with Avalon Media System 6.4+
- Archivematica’s role is to process access intended for long-term digital preservation and create service-independent AIPs for preservation storage.
- Avalon’s role is to ingest and make available media assets, including the presentation of existing metadata and hierarchical information.
Ingest Workflow Diagram
click for full size
Installation/Setup (Systems administrator work)
Installation of Archivematica for production can be found here:
Installation of Automation-tools can be found here:
Installation of Avalon can be found here: