|State of OHMS at Louisville|
- Brought up the stack - had to do some hacky stuff to get the ingest to work loading of XML
- failure - coded to use YouTube's API
- failure - file uploaded, fails to retain that file so it can be downloaded at a later date - creates a temp file and then immediately deletes it
- Tried two versions of XML files, both missing a subject entry - this was created by GS and unknown
- Nota bulk load option - something we can look at
- Choose a file - pick worktype, a main Oral History worktype, OHMS - overrrides the primary oral history show file
- Don't see anything that fails - had sidekick running to see what was failing where and manually trace failures - some sort of reporting when things are uploaded, how to do that with bulk uploading
- loads very fast
- if missing required fields - fails ugly
- view screen is the accordion style view for indexed sections - has search, viewer, and was what Randy expected.
- yeah. "Presenter" section of it we'd need to think about. With Avalon, are there options for viewers?
- We have our own fork of MediaElement
- Just go with what Avalon has instead of offering options -
| Avalon and OHMS requirements|
Emily - doing some more testing in OHMS - when we do the importer from AVP- viewer is really strange, when doing audio - Jon will follow up -
Shannon - have a bunch of requirements: innovation grant. All the interviews are in, survey part out. Want to be be able to search across ALL interviews. Abaility to download the transcript as a doc. Display the metadata for the interview where the transcript or video - collection, date, other info... Wanted a still of interviewee with the file
Randy - for Metadata - inhouse use fields - have to do with rights, deed or gift. Internal tags that get used, everything else is basic. Collections, etc.. could be handled by other things.