Indiana University, in partnership with Northwestern University, has been awarded a National Leadership Grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services to support the creation of a freely available open source software system to enable academic libraries and archives to easily provide online access to their video and audio collections. This project, formerly known as Variations on Video, will run from October 1, 2011 - September 30, 2014.
Learn About the Avalon Project
To join one of the project mailing lists or to connect with the project in other ways
- Visit the Avalon Connect page
Older documents and project background are linked below.
- Grant Proposal One-Page Abstract
- Grant Proposal Narrative
- IU press release, November 30, 2011: IU receives grant to create software system for video and audio collections
- Original IMLS Planning Grant Site
For more information, please contact the Project Directors:
Older documents, to be organized
For partners and others wanting to try out the system or install it.
- Try out Avalon on a test server
- Avalon Release Roadmap
- Download a virtual machine image of Avalon, or install it manually
- Quick links to Avalon technical documentation
- Set up a development environment
- Visit Avalon on Github
Other tools and places
Old documents, to be organized