Returns a logical table of contents for a text as well-formed XML (based on a generic <div> structure). The table of contents contains actionable URLs for each unit of content of a text. These URLs could be fully formed calls to getChunk.
The strucure structure of the well-formed XML is as follows:
<div type="toc" id="optional local text identifier">
<head>The label or title of the text</head>
<div xlink="actionable URL to a chunk">
<head>The label or title of the chunk</head>
<response type="toc" id="optional local text identifier">
Some notes about the XML structure:
- <div> tags are unnumbered and can be nested as appropriate
- The value of the 'type' attribute for a getTOC response is always "toc"
- The 'id' attribute is optional
- The <head> element nested in the <response> element contains the title/lable of the object
- The <head> element nested in <div> elements contains the title/label of the chunk
Returns the well-formed native markup language header (for example, TEI, EAD, DOCBOOK) for an entire text as a whole. It is assumed that this header will provide information about the text as a whole.