The Variations on Video IMLS planning grant had as one objective to increase our understanding of user needs. Activities undertaken to accomplish this objective include:
- Analysis of data from a Spring 2010 survey of academic libraries' aspirations and practices regarding video streaming. Slides from October 2010 presentation.
- Review of usage scenarios contributed by institutions attending the project participant meeting. A compilation of the scenarios.
- Observations of classroom use of video and interviews with faculty at IU. Summary of interviews and observations.
This work is on-going. Future deliverables include:
- Report on interview with faculty at other institution(s).
- Report on observations and interviews of researchers.
- Consolidated models of faculty and researcher work practices.
Other areas for user needs analysis work we expect to address are:
- Library staff needs for ingest and management of video.
- Student needs related to use of library-managed video.