HydraDAM2 server requirements for demo and continuous deployment
- RVM for ruby and gem management
- Filesystem space to manage rubies and gems via RVM
- Filesystem space to deploy Rails instances, layout and management consistent with other IUB servers
- Filesystem space to deploy Tomcat instances, layout and management consistent with other IUB servers
- Our wrapper scripts for creating and managing Rails and Tomcat instances, consistent with other IUB servers
- Writable access in a single known place (i.e. /usr/local) for installing non-Rails executable prereqs (FITS, etc.)
- Do we want MySQL for Fedora and any ActiveRecord concerns even though this isn't production?
- Tools for automation
- First of all, I think we just want to automate code deployment vs. trying to automate an entire VM build
- IU has Bamboo license if desired
- What else?