This migration process currently has known issues. For Example, some metadata is not migrated or is migrated incorrectly.
Prepare R6 for migration
This migration requires:
The option to upgrade in place is not available to go from Release 5 of Avalon to Release 6. Instead, follow these steps.
- Back up your Avalon 5.0 installation
- Stand up an R6 instance following the Manual Installation Instructions and run it concurrently with an existing R5 instance.
- The Make R5 fedora needs to be made accessible to the server running the R6 instance. (See the fedora migration step below.)
- The R6 instance should use Use the same authentication scheme for R6 as the one R5. Otherwise there could be issues with users/roles.
- The Ensure the R6 instance is empty. Run wipeout rake task to clean out R6 database, solr, and fedora.
# ensure that Fedora, Solr, and the DB are clean # it will ask you to verify the targets are correct bundle exec rake avalon:wipeout