3. Importing the Avalon VM Image
The OVA file currently contains release 6.3.1. This will be updated to the newly released version 6.3.2 in the immediate future.
Each virtualization product has different methods for using a VM appliance. The tested methods are below. If you use a product which is not listed, please contact us with usage instructions and we will add them here.
- When the VM starts there is a 3 second countdown before the boot begins. Press the spacebar during this countdown to get the boot menu.
- Edit the boot entry and boot
- Press the 'e' key to edit the first boot entry
- Use the down arrow to highlight the line beginning with 'kernel' and press 'e'.
- Add " init=/bin/bash" to the line, making sure there is leading space separating it from the the end of the existing command line.
- Press 'enter' to go back to the root/kernel/initd selection screen
- press 'b' to boot
- The system will boot to a root shell
Change the password.
mount -o remount,rw / passwd root mount -o remount,ro /
- A hard reboot of the VM is required to restart the system.
Known Issues - a list of bugs, workarounds, and cautions.
- Sometimes when using the dropbox a duplicate processing job appears in matterhorn and the first one will fail during distribute-hls. The second one processes normally.
|information||oddity, potential todo item||todo item||issue w/o workaround||issue with workaround|