Variations Administrator's Guide
Information on setting up, running, and managing Variations.
Upgrading from Variations 6.* to 6.3 is easy with the instructions below.
For more information about the 6.3 release, see Variations Release 6.3.
If you're already running an earlier version of Variations, select one of the two choices below to move to 6.0.
For more information about the 6.0 release, see Variations Release 6.0.
Installing and Configuring the Variations Server
- Server OS and Third Party Software Setup
- Installing the Variations Server Software
Installing and Configuring the Variations Client
- Client Installation Overview
- Configuring the Client
- Building the Client Installer
- Running the Client
- End User Guide Creation and Maintenance
Installing and Configuring the Digitizer Tools
- Setting up and Running the MP4 Gui Encoder
- For versions of Variations before 5.0.6 see Setting up and Running the MP4 Gui Encoder - 5.0.5
- Setting up and Running the DjVu Standalone Encoder
Integrating with Other Campus Systems
- Authentication - tying in with campus security systems
- Authorization - integrating with the Student Information System
- Library Catalog - importing bibliographic information using the Z39.50 protocol
- Web Servers - invoking Variations from hyperlinks to Variations data files (e.g., timelines or playlists) in a course management system or from a course web page
Monitoring, Running, and Maintaining the Variations Server
Installing and Running the Variations Web Applications
Currently, two web applications are available: an audio player and an access manager. In addition, there a third web service needed to run either web application.