This page holds general requirements that affect delivery systems for all types of collections. Specific types of collections (like art images) may have more requirements.
\[Want\] Objects are always referenced by PURLs.unmigrated-wiki-markup Wiki Markup
- \[Must\] All objects are "Googleable". That is, objects are always referenced by URLs that
are simple enough to be indexed by Googlebot. \ [Want\] These URLs are PURLs.unmigrated-wiki-markup
- \[Must\] Collections are available through an OAI provider.unmigrated-wiki-markup
- \[Want\] Collections are accessible to the RLG Cultural Materials Initiative, DLF Aquifer,
and other large-scale federated systems.unmigrated-wiki-markup
- \[Must\] All existing PURLs continue to work.unmigrated-wiki-markup
- \[Want\] There is a shopping cart and/or bookmarking system that allows users to
return to selected items at a later time. unmigrated-wiki-markup
- \[Want\] Reproductions of selected items may be purchased.
\[Must\] Tools for delivery are shared across collections as much as Wiki Markup
possible, while allowing for arbitrary customization of the interface.