How to configure and install the Client for connection with the Variations Server. For more information on client connection considerations see the Client Server Coordination page.
- #Hardware Hardware and Software Requirements
- #Client Client Configuration
- #Client Client Installer Configuration
- #Install Install Variations
Hardware and Software Requirements
- Pentium II 500MHz or higher
- 256MB RAM (512 preferred)
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista, or VistaWindows 7
- Quicktime 6.0 or higher, with "QuickTime for Java" installed (Note: as of February 2014, QuickTime for Java is no longer installed by default on Windows. You have to either do a custom installation or pick uninstall, then modify, adding it in as one of the "legacy Quicktime features".)
- Internet connection of at least 45 Kbps
- Install Quicktime
- Windows - Download and install the Quicktime standalone player from http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html. Note that if the current version of Quicktime is already installed or if you install Quicktime as part of installing the most recent iTunes, that will work as well.
- Mac OS - Upgrade to the most recent Quicktime release.
Follow the client configuration instructions to configure the Variations client for use.
- Windows & Mac OS Configuring the Client - 6.0
Building the Client Installer
Follow the client installer configuration instructions to configure and create the Variations Installer.
- Windows & Mac OS Building the Client Installer - 6.0
- Windows - Run the installer built in the previous step.
- Mac OS - Mount the dmg file configured in the previous step and copy the Variations application to the /Applications directory. Optionally, drag and drop the Variations application from the /Applications directory onto the Dockfor easy access.
After Installing the Variations client try running the client. For information on running and troubleshooting the client go to Running the Client - 6.0.