that enables academic libraries and archives to easily provide online access to their video and audio collections. This
About the Project
was made possible in part by a National Leadership Grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Learn About the Avalon Project
The best place to start learning is the Avalon Media System project website.
To join one of the project mailing lists or to connect with the project in other ways
- Visit the Avalon Connect page
Project background documents are linked below.
- Mellon Grant Proposal Narrative
- IMLS Grant Proposal One-Page Abstract
- IMLS Grant Proposal Narrative
- IU press release, March 10, 2015: IU Libraries and partners receive $931,000 from Mellon Foundation grants
- IU press release, November 30, 2011: IU receives grant to create software system for video and audio collections
For more information, please contact the Project Directors:
For partners and others wanting to try out the system or install it.
- Try out Avalon on a test server
- Download a virtual machine image of Avalon, or install it manually
- Quick links to Avalon technical documentation
- Supported Browsers and Platforms
- Avalon Release Roadmap
For collection managers