Besides being used internally to track the status of a metadata record for an item, the status field is also tied to the public-facing web application to determine whether a particular field is public. Status values of "Minimal", "Pending Completion" and "Cataloged" will all be made available to the public (if the collection itself is published)fields are defined as:
- auto-generated: initial submission (you can't save a modified record with this status)
- in progress: indicates a record is being worked on and should not be published
- minimal: published, but has the minimal amount of metadata necessary
- pending completion: some checks may be necessary, but published
- cataloged: metadata is complete - published
We encourage you to use the status field as a guide for determining which records are complete and which need more work.