- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
|Table of Contents|
This documentation is current for Release 6.1. For the 5
An Avalon item is created every time you choose the Create menu even if you do not associate any media or metadata with the item. Once the Create Item button is clicked, there is no way to cancel the item from being created.
- Items can be published without adding any media to them. To keep them hidden, edit the item and then, on the Preview page, click Unpublish at the top of the item.
- For multi-section items, thumbnails can only be selected from the first section.
In some versions of Delayed Job, a process can go out of control and hog resources. Here are instructions for restarting delayed job.
- When using Adobe Media Server with Avalon, MP3s are unable to be played back in the application if they are uploaded using the skip transcoding option.
- When performing multiple bibliographic imports where more than one identifier is used, some catalog data will persist, and new data will be appended.
- When using skip transcoding for single or multiple derivatives, Avalon's master file management setting is applied to the highest quality derivative (or single) only. This means that if your application is set to move files to another location (removing them also from the dropbox) then only the highest quality derivative is affected - leaving other two in place.
- The Manage Groups interface will allow the creation of a group name with embedded (blank) spaces, but sometimes members of that group will not have access to items in the collection. Solution: For now, don't create groups with spaces in the name–use hyphens or underscores.
- In the Manage Groups interface it is possible for members of group_managers to delete any Ad Hoc groups even if they are not the group creator. If you do try to delete these groups, you will receive a delete confirmation message.
Renaming a group may remove permissions from collections and items. To fix this problem be sure to reapply any exceptions after the group has been renamed.
Jira server IU DLP JIRA serverId 7db187da-a52c-3750-b791-4dc703aec548 key VOV-2043
- Scrolling or dragging the timeline bar to the end of a video causes the video to continuously load
- For video navigation and playback of structured segments, links jump to the closest previous keyframe boundary (keyframes are every two seconds for any Avalon transcoded materials) which can result in the previous structure link being played and highlighted until the player catches up to the correct time offset.
- If you are using the AMS streaming server on any desktop platform - from a paused player state, clicking the first segment link (only after a later time offset is selected) does not register. You must click it twice for it to register the correct time offset. This is an issue with RTMP playback on AMS and will be addressed in Release 5.
- If you are using the Red5 streaming server on any desktop platform, the player will not update to a current still image in pause mode. It will display the poster image instead.
- If you are using an Android or iPhone device, seeking prior to playback displays the poster image rather than a still of the current point in the video. Once playback is started, the video plays normally.
- Volume adjust icon does not display in certain configurations of Chrome running on a Windows machine.
Manual Creation, Editing, Deletion
- After saving the Manage Files page without uploading any files, attempting to upload files later results in an error - #2387
- Creating large, multi-file media objects using the dropbox interface times out - #2801
- When a master file is moved during a batch ingest, the batch fails - #2310
- Selected items are cleared from the Manage Selected Objects page after moving them to a new collection - #2437
- Creating a thumbnail for an item without a poster image generates an error - #2093
- Using Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge, items cannot be moved between playlists in the Edit Playlist page - #2121
- An unpublished item with a lease to a user for a specific date can still be found by the user through browsing or searching - #1686
- Published but hidden items with a lease to a user or a group still appear to the user though browsing or searching - #2388
- Items in the "Selected Items" list do not disappear and are still available to a user after a lease ends - #1701
- Item lease with a date range assigned to an IP address gives access to the item even beyond the date range - #2081
Avalon Media Player
- Selecting a playback quality causes playback to restart at the beginning when using Android - #2876
- Internet Explorer 11 has navigation issues with multi-section items and with playlists - #2827
- Seeking while paused causes the poster and spinner to remain until play is selected - #2826
- Structural metadata with undefined sections causes unexpected behavior in the track scrubber - #3047
- While using Edge, the volume adjust bar is trimmed short on both top and bottom - #2122
- The video end time displays incorrectly at first when launching Avalon on a mobile device - #1689
- Hovering over the audio icon in the audio player causes the quality and playlists icons to move out of alignment - #1762
- The playlist index table is not adapted for responsive design - #2389
- After selecting a playback quality in Android, the quality selector does not disappear - #2874
- Advancing to another section or item cancels fullscreen mode - #2979
- Selecting the Add Marker button does not cancel fullscreen - #2978
- Within an iFrame, the media player does not resize - #2961
- In Safari, the text weight in an embedded audio player shifts unexpectedly - #2844
- In certain configurations of Firefox, Play/Pause is not accessible with the SPACEBAR
- If you are using Internet Explorer 10, the embedded player will not go full screen.
- Avalon uses the HTML element iframe for video embedding. Embedding will not work with sites that do not support iframes.
- Newly created markers do not display their Time value in the tooltip that displays when the mouse cursor is over the marker icon in the media player.
- Markers toward the end of the video do not align correctly with the time rail.
- - #1644
- Tabbing on "Create Collection" screen can escape the modal scope - #969
- User can't change video quality using the keyboard - #2678
- Keyboard navigation in Safari does not work properly - #2707
- Captions are deselected when moving to different section in Safari. Users need to click the captions button to re-enable captions when a new section starts playing - (more information)
Standalone Media Player
- The time displayed at the end of each minute displays both the 60th second followed by the 0th second; e.g. 2:59, 2:60, 3:00 - #1975
- Deleting a master file sometimes causes a 500 error - #1392
- Some derivative files are unmanaged when set to 'Skip Transcoding' in a batch ingest - #2842
- A successful login sometimes redirects the user to unexpected pages - #2109