- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
|Table of Contents|
This page documentation is being updated current for Release 26. For the Release 1 version of this page, see v.23 found under Page History.
Creating a Single Item
An Avalon object is created every time you choose the Create menu even if you do not associate any media or metadata with the object. These Avalon objects will only be viewable by Collection Managers because they receive access status of "Collection Managers Only" by default. Avalon objects can be deleted individually.
Save or Save & Continue does not save Labels added to individual sections - you must click Update before clicking Save or Save & Continue.
- Items can be published without adding any media to them. To keep them hidden, edit the object and then, on the Preview page, click Unpublish at the top of the object.
- During file processing and derivative creation, Collection Managers may encounter an error that reads "ERROR: One of the distribution jobs did not complete successfully." Go to Manage Files, delete the file with the error and re-upload the same file;it should process correctly the second time.
In release 1.0, items created via batch will by default inherit the access control status of “Collection Managers Only”. To make items visible to the public, to all authenticated users, or to specific users or groups, you must edit each item individually.
Player and Controls
- If you are using the Red5 streaming server and play a piece of media all the way through, you have to refresh the page to play the media again.
- If you switch streaming quality the video starts over at the beginning, for multi-section parts you need to change the quality for each section.
- The Manage Groups interface will allow the creation of a group name with embedded (blank) spaces, but sometimes members of that group will not have access to items in the collection. Solution: For now, don't create groups with spaces in the name–use hyphens or underscores.
- In the Manage Groups interface it is possible for members of group_managers to delete those groups. If you do try to delete these groups, you will receive a delete confirmation message. Do not delete these groups! If you do, only a system administrator will be able to add these groups back.
Sharing via Link
- When a public, published video is opened in a brand new browser session, Avalon's access control mechanism will deny playback.
Explanation: The session object isn't given a unique identifier until after the first visit, resulting in an invalid playback token. The workaround is to refresh the page, which will create a session and produce a valid playback token. As of release 1.0.1(which is currently available on our demo server), we no longer use session ID as the basis for token generation, and directly-linked items should play back without issue.
Manual Creation, Editing, Deletion
- After saving the Manage Files page without uploading any files, attempting to upload files later results in an error - #2387
- Creating large, multi-file media objects using the dropbox interface times out - #2801
- When a master file is moved during a batch ingest, the batch fails - #2310
- Selected items are cleared from the Manage Selected Objects page after moving them to a new collection - #2437
- Creating a thumbnail for an item without a poster image generates an error - #2093
- Using Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge, items cannot be moved between playlists in the Edit Playlist page - #2121
- An unpublished item with a lease to a user for a specific date can still be found by the user through browsing or searching - #1686
- Published but hidden items with a lease to a user or a group still appear to the user though browsing or searching - #2388
- Items in the "Selected Items" list do not disappear and are still available to a user after a lease ends - #1701
- Item lease with a date range assigned to an IP address gives access to the item even beyond the date range - #2081
Avalon Media Player
- On iOS, autoplay does not always automatically start playback for playlists items that have new sources - #2611
- Selecting a playback quality causes playback to restart at the beginning when using Android - #2876
- Internet Explorer 11 has navigation issues with multi-section items and with playlists - #2827
- Seeking while paused causes the poster and spinner to remain until play is selected - #2826
- Structural metadata with undefined sections causes unexpected behavior in the track scrubber - #3047
- While using Edge, the volume adjust bar is trimmed short on both top and bottom - #2122
- The video end time displays incorrectly at first when launching Avalon on a mobile device - #1689
- Hovering over the audio icon in the audio player causes the quality and playlists icons to move out of alignment - #1762
- The playlist index table is not adapted for responsive design - #2389
- The scrubber bar disappears/does not work at various times when using Android - #2875, #2748
- After selecting a playback quality in Android, the quality selector does not disappear - #2874
- Advancing to another section or item cancels fullscreen mode - #2979
- Selecting the Add Marker button does not cancel fullscreen - #2978
- Within an iFrame, the media player does not resize - #2961
- In Safari, the text weight in an embedded audio player shifts unexpectedly - #2844
- In certain configurations of Firefox, Play/Pause is not accessible with the SPACEBAR - #1644
- Tabbing on "Create Collection" screen can escape the modal scope - #969
- User can't change video quality using the keyboard - #2678
- Keyboard navigation in Safari does not work properly - #2707
- Captions are deselected when moving to different section in Safari. Users need to click the captions button to re-enable captions when a new section starts playing - (more information)
Standalone Media Player
- The time displayed at the end of each minute displays both the 60th second followed by the 0th second; e.g. 2:59, 2:60, 3:00 - #1975
- Deleting a master file sometimes causes a 500 error - #1392
- Some derivative files are unmanaged when set to 'Skip Transcoding' in a batch ingest - #2842
- A successful login sometimes redirects the user to unexpected pages - #2109