- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
How to handle errors for Avalon objects within a batch
Sometimes a batch ingest will result in an exception, with one or more content files failing to ingest. You will receive this information through an email message after your batch ingest processes. If a content file failure occurs, the following steps can be tried to ingest the content again:
Avalon form: To re-ingest a single Avalon object (one row of the batch ingest spreadsheet), place all content files for that object in the top level of the dropbox directory. Once processed, the content files will be available from the Manage file(s) > Import from a dropbox feature in Avalon and the object can be created using Avalon’s form.
Reload spreadsheet: Another option to re-ingest a single Avalon object or set of objects is to reduce the batch spreadsheet to only those failed objects and reload the spreadsheet to the same location as before. This will run the batch again but only for the failed content files.
If a single Avalon object with multiple content files has one or some of those files fail (but not all), either delete that object from Avalon and use the Reload spreadsheet method to load the entire object again or use the Avalon form method to add those failed content files to the dropbox and append them to the appropriate object in Avalon.
|Table of Contents|
Creating Single Item
Types of files, size of files, etc
An Avalon object is created every time you choose the Create menu even if you do not associate any media or metadata with the object. Avalon object will only be viewable by Collection Managers. Avalon objects can be deleted individually.
Save and Save & Continue to do not save Labels added to individual sections. The Upload button must be clicked before proceeding to Save or Save & Continue.
- Items can be published without adding any media to them. On the Preview page, click Unpublish at the top of the object.
This documentation is current for Release 7.0
Manual Creation, Editing, Deletion
- After saving the Manage Files page without uploading any files, attempting to upload files later results in an error - #2387
- Not all EDTF Level 1 dates are accepted - #3867
- When a master file is moved during a batch ingest, the batch fails - #2310
- An unpublished item with a lease to a user for a specific date can still be found by the user through browsing or searching - #1686
- Published but hidden items with a lease to a user or a group still appear to the user though browsing or searching - #2388
- Items in the "Selected Items" list do not disappear and are still available to a user after a lease ends - #1701
- Item lease with a date range assigned to an IP address gives access to the item even beyond the date range - #2081
Avalon Media Player
- Seeking while paused causes the poster and spinner to remain until play is selected - #2826
- Structural metadata with undefined sections causes unexpected behavior in the track scrubber - #3047
- Certain items are not playable on certain mobile devices - #3562
- Within an iFrame, the media player does not resize - #2961
- Embed login popup does not auto-close when using devise DB authentication - #3885
- In certain configurations of Firefox, Play/Pause is not accessible with the SPACEBAR - #1644
- Keyboard navigation in Safari does not work properly - #2707
- Captions are deselected when moving to different section in Safari. Users need to click the captions button to re-enable captions when a new section starts playing - (more information)
- Latest version of the Wowza Streaming Server (4.7.8) is not compatible with Avalon - #3799