- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
|Table of Contents|
Player and Controls
The poster images may have a strange aspect ratio when in full screen mode. This does not affect video playback which retains the correction dimensions.
Jira server IU DLP JIRA serverId 7db187da-a52c-3750-b791-4dc703aec548 key VOV-1957
- Avalon uses iframes for video embedding. Embedding should work with sites that support iframes.
For embedded Avalon media to play in Safari, you have to go to Preferences -> Advanced and UNcheck "Stop plugins to save power"
Jira server IU DLP JIRA serverId 7db187da-a52c-3750-b791-4dc703aec548 key VOV-2812
- If you have a batch with large files added to the dropbox, the batch may fail while the files are being copied. If that happens, once batch ingest package is completely copied over, delete the error file in the dropbox and the batch will be begin processing again.
Uploading a file larger than the value configured in the Master File model will throw an exception instead of being gracefully handled. If routinely uploading files bigger than the default either change it or use the dropbox interface.
Jira server IU DLP JIRA serverId 7db187da-a52c-3750-b791-4dc703aec548 key VOV-2032
There was a typo in matterhorn's config file etc/encoding/avalon.properites. Go to your matterhorn's etc/encoding directory and run the following:
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/avalonmediasystem/avalon-felix/release/3.3.0/etc/encoding/avalon.properties -O avalon.properties
No restart is needed.
This documentation is current for Release 37.0
Release 3.2 introduced a bug that broke the Comments Form. This problem was fixed in Release 3.2.3. Users of earlier 3.2 versions can learn how to fix this bug without upgrading here.
Jira server IU DLP JIRA serverId 7db187da-a52c-3750-b791-4dc703aec548 key VOV-3368
Bulk actions only act on first 10 selected items. The rest are silently ignored. This problem was fixed in Release 3.2.2. Release 3.2 and 3.2.1 users can learn how to address it here.
Jira server IU DLP JIRA serverId 7db187da-a52c-3750-b791-4dc703aec548 key VOV-3347
Changing the name of an existing collection or changing its associated unit fails to update the solr index. This problem was introduced in Release 3.2 and fixed in Release 3.2.1. Release 3.2 users can learn how to address it here.
Jira server IU DLP JIRA serverId 7db187da-a52c-3750-b791-4dc703aec548 key VOV-3344
When streaming using Adobe Media Server, skip transcoding MP3s don't process correctly or playback.
Jira server IU DLP JIRA serverId 7db187da-a52c-3750-b791-4dc703aec548 key VOV-2516
- When using skip transcoding for single or multiple derivatives, Avalon's master file management setting is applied to the highest quality derivative (or single) only. This means that if your application is set to move files to another location (removing them also from the dropbox) then only the highest quality derivative is affected - leaving other two in place.
Jira server IU DLP JIRA serverId 7db187da-a52c-3750-b791-4dc703aec548 key VOV-3769
Group ManagementThe Manage Groups interface will allow the creation of a group name with embedded (blank) spaces, but sometimes members of that group will not have access to items in the collection. Solution: For now, don't create groups with spaces in the name–use hyphens or underscores.
In the Manage Groups interface it is possible for members of group_managers to delete any Ad Hoc groups even if they are not the group creator. If you do try to delete these groups, you will receive a delete confirmation message.
Manual Creation, Editing, Deletion
- After saving the Manage Files page without uploading any files, attempting to upload files later results in an error - #2387
- Not all EDTF Level 1 dates are accepted - #3867
- When a master file is moved during a batch ingest, the batch fails - #2310
- An unpublished item with a lease to a user for a specific date can still be found by the user through browsing or searching - #1686
- Published but hidden items with a lease to a user or a group still appear to the user though browsing or searching - #2388
- Items in the "Selected Items" list do not disappear and are still available to a user after a lease ends - #1701
- Item lease with a date range assigned to an IP address gives access to the item even beyond the date range - #2081
Avalon Media Player
- Seeking while paused causes the poster and spinner to remain until play is selected - #2826
- Structural metadata with undefined sections causes unexpected behavior in the track scrubber - #3047
- Certain items are not playable on certain mobile devices - #3562
- Within an iFrame, the media player does not resize - #2961
- Embed login popup does not auto-close when using devise DB authentication - #3885
- In certain configurations of Firefox, Play/Pause is not accessible with the SPACEBAR - #1644
- Keyboard navigation in Safari does not work properly - #2707
- Captions are deselected when moving to different section in Safari. Users need to click the captions button to re-enable captions when a new section starts playing - (more information)
- Latest version of the Wowza Streaming Server (4.7.8) is not compatible with Avalon - #3799