For information on current and previous versions of Avalon, please see the Releases page on Github.
7.1.1 will contain dependency upgrades and bug fixes for Avalon 7.1.
Avalon 7.2 (Fall/Winter 2020)
- Supplemental file support
- Any file (transcripts, PDF documents, images, etc.) can be uploaded as a supplemental file for associated with an item and section (transcripts, PDF documents, images, etc.)
- Support for standard file types such as WebVTT
- Basic display of transcripts on the item view page (alongside media content)
- Transcript Display Support
- Transcript documentsare able to be viewed alongside media content (closed captions support already present in the Avalon player)
- Standard file types such DOCX and WebVTT supported for transcripts
Avalon on Hyrax (2021)
The next major version of Avalon will be written using the Hyrax Ruby on Rails Engine. The Avalon team's goal is to keep pace with current Hyrax development.