For detailed information on current and previous versions of Avalon, please see the Releases page on Github.
- Improved support for Google Analytics and Matomo
- Transcript Display Support
- Transcript documents able to be viewed alongside media content (closed captions support already present in the Avalon player)
- Standard file types such DOCX and WebVTT supported for transcripts
- Support for using Google Drive for media file ingest
- Controlled Digital Lending
- Support for optional controlled digital lending functionality. When this is enabled, users are required to check out items before viewing media. Checkout times can be configured on a per-item basis.
Avalon on Hyrax
The next major version of Avalon will be written using the Hyrax Ruby on Rails Engine. The Avalon team's goal is to keep pace with current Hyrax development.