- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
|Table of Contents|
Creating a Single Item
An Avalon object is created every time you choose the Create menu even if you do not associate any media or metadata with the object. These Avalon objects will only be viewable by Collection Managers because they receive access status of "Collection Managers Only" by default. Avalon objects can be deleted individually.
Save or Save & Continue does not save Labels added to individual sections - you must click Update before clicking Save or Save & Continue.
- Items can be published without adding any media to them. To keep them hidden, edit the object and then, on the Preview page, click Unpublish at the top of the object.
- During file processing and derivative creation, Collection Managers may encounter an error that reads "ERROR: One of the distribution jobs did not complete successfully." Go to Manage Files, delete the file with the error and re-upload the same file;it should process correctly the second time.
In release 1.0, items created via batch will by default inherit the access control status of “Collection Managers Only”. To make items visible to the public, to all authenticated users, or to specific users or groups, you must edit each item individually.
Player and Controls
- If you are using the Red5 streaming server and play a piece of media all the way through, you have to refresh the page to play the media again.
- If you switch streaming quality the video starts over at the beginning, for multi-section parts you need to change the quality for each section.
- The Manage Groups interface will allow the creation of a group name with embedded (blank) spaces, but sometimes members of that group will not have access to items in the collection. Solution: For now, don't create groups with spaces in the name–use hyphens or underscores.
- In the Manage Groups interface it is possible for members of group_managers to delete those groups. If you do try to delete these groups, you will receive a delete confirmation message. Do not delete these groups! If you do, only a system administrator will be able to add these groups back.
Sharing via Link
- When a public, published video is opened in a brand new browser session, Avalon's access control mechanism will deny playback.
Explanation: The session object isn't given a unique identifier until after the first visit, resulting in an invalid playback token. The workaround is to refresh the page, which will create a session and produce a valid playback token. As of release 1.0.1(which is currently available on our demo server), we no longer use session ID as the basis for token generation, and directly-linked items should play back without issue.