- clone the latest democontent image as dist-YYMMDD
- Install avalon-vm-12.0-1.noarch.rpm to install the firstboot changes and tools
- If IPv6 was disabled during install, re-enable it by removing the lines added to /etc/sysctl.conf during BaseOS. If these lines are not removed, email will not work.
- Prepare the disk for compacting
clean up anything that's left over from the build process
rm -rf /root/Downloads/* /var/avalon/dropbox/* /home/makerpm/rpmbuild /opt/staging /root/avalon-installer-flat /root/flat.tar.gz yum clean all swapoff /dev/mapper/vg_avalon-lv_swap; dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mapper/vg_avalon-lv_swap bs=1M; mkswap /dev/mapper/vg_avalon-lv_swap
deleted files still take up space on the disk image. The disk image (as of 4/24/13) is roughly 12G in size, with 7.8G of actual data. Write zeros to a file until the disk is full to clear out the sectors which are unallocated but had data at one point. Since the .VDI image is sparsely allocated, the disk image size will actually grow less that 1G even though nearly 500G has been written.
dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/foo bs=1M oflag=direct; rm /tmp/foo
- run /usr/share/avalon/dist-prep to prepare the machine for release
- clear the command line history (history -cw)
- shutdown the VM
- Compact the disk image
On the host run:
VBoxManage modifyhd avalon-vm-disk-YYMMDD.vdi --compact
- Export the appliance
- Disable USB 2.0 in the VM to avoid a warning when users don't have the VirtualBox extensions loaded.
Name Value Name avalon-vm Product Avalon Media System Product-URL http://avalonmediasystem.org Version R1
- copy the OVA to the distribution point
- Make sure to set the avalon-vm.ova symlink to the current release
- Set the permissions to 644 (they're 600 by default)