- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
|Table of Contents|
This documentation is for Release 5.0. For the Release 4.x version of this page, see v.88. For the Release 3.x version of this page, see v.68. For the Release 1 version of this page, see v.23. For the Release 2 version of this page, see v.47.
An Avalon item is created every time you choose the Create menu even if you do not associate any media or metadata with the item. These Avalon items will only be viewable by Collection Staff because they receive access status of "Collection Staff Only" by default. Avalon items can be deleted individually.
Jira server IU DLP JIRA serverId 7db187da-a52c-3750-b791-4dc703aec548 key VOV-1121
- Items can be published without adding any media to them. To keep them hidden, edit the item and then, on the Preview page, click Unpublish at the top of the item.
Content in the batch ingest file is case sensitive. Be sure not to mix case as this might case problems with the ingest process
Jira server IU DLP JIRA serverId 7db187da-a52c-3750-b791-4dc703aec548 key VOV-2029
- Section labels are limited to 255 UTF-8 characters
In some versions of Delayed Job, a process can go out of control and hog resources. Here are instructions for restarting delayed job.
When streaming using Adobe Media Server, skip transcoding MP3s don't process correctly or playback.
Jira server IU DLP JIRA serverId 7db187da-a52c-3750-b791-4dc703aec548 key VOV-2516
- When using skip transcoding for single or multiple derivatives, Avalon's master file management setting is applied to the highest quality derivative (or single) only. This means that if your application is set to move files to another location (removing them also from the dropbox) then only the highest quality derivative is affected - leaving other two in place.
Jira server IU DLP JIRA serverId 7db187da-a52c-3750-b791-4dc703aec548 key VOV-3769
- The Manage Groups interface will allow the creation of a group name with embedded (blank) spaces, but sometimes members of that group will not have access to items in the collection. Solution: For now, don't create groups with spaces in the name–use hyphens or underscores.
- In the Manage Groups interface it is possible for members of group_managers to delete any Ad Hoc groups even if they are not the group creator. If you do try to delete these groups, you will receive a delete confirmation message.
Renaming a group may remove permissions from collections and items. To fix this problem be sure to reapply any exceptions after the group has been renamed.
Jira server IU DLP JIRA serverId 7db187da-a52c-3750-b791-4dc703aec548 key VOV-2043
- If you are using Internet Explorer 9, the quality buttons in the quality menu are not available.
For video navigation and playback of structured segments, links jump to the closest previous keyframe boundary (keyframes are every two seconds for any Avalon transcoded materials) which can result in the previous structure link being played and highlighted until the player catches up to the correct time offset.
- If you are using the AMS streaming server on any desktop platform - from a paused player state, clicking the first segment link (only after a later time offset is selected) does not register. You must click it twice for it to register the correct time offset. This is an issue with RTMP playback on AMS and will be addressed in Release 5.
- If you are using the Red5 streaming server on any desktop platform, the player will not update to a current still image in pause mode. It will display the poster image instead.
- If you are using an Android device with any server, seeking prior to playback does not update the still image on your video, but it will display the poster image and play from the selected time.
- If you are using an iPhone - any seeking via structure in the page view will not reflect the current frame but displays the video's poster image. This will not affect the playback from starting at a specific time.
- Android (all streaming servers) - when navigating timeline via structure links or via the scrubber - Android seeks to HLS segment start instead of time offset and creates strange navigation/playback experiences. It's usually a few seconds off.
The poster images may have a strange aspect ratio when in full screen mode. This does not affect video playback which retains the correction dimensions.
Jira server IU DLP JIRA serverId 7db187da-a52c-3750-b791-4dc703aec548 key VOV-1957
- If you are using Internet Explorer 9 or 10, the embedded player will not go full screen.
- Avalon uses iframes for video embedding. Embedding should work with sites that support iframes.
- If you have a batch with large files added to the dropbox, the batch may fail while the files are being copied. If that happens, once batch ingest package is completely copied over, delete the error file in the dropbox and the batch will be begin processing again.
There was a typo in matterhorn's config file etc/encoding/avalon.properites. Go to your matterhorn's etc/encoding directory and run the following:
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/avalonmediasystem/avalon-felix/release/3.3.0/etc/encoding/avalon.properties -O avalon.properties
No restart is needed.