Avalon 7.2.1 provides updates for a small set of dependencies, including an update to resolve an issue with a missing version of the MimeMagic library.
Available for download at the Github release page.
Avalon 7.2 includes support for supplemental files, an improved authentication flow for restricted content, and the ability to merge items, as well as variety of bug fixes and updates for supporting libraries and components.
- Intermediate Page When Accessing Restricted Content
- Support for supplemental files
- Files of any type can be attached
- Files can be associated at the item or section level
- Merge multiple items
- Cron jobs now run through Sidekiq
- Dependency updates
- Structural Metadata Editor can be used when no audio data is present
- Added stereo mixdown to encoding parameters for video
- Added link to Sidekiq dashboard under the "Manage" menu
- Fixes for S3 transcoding
- Fix API issues with collection names
- Better aligned elements in the embedded media player
For any questions or assistance, please email us at: 3 includes support for uploading files from Google Drive, a new component that allows users to view and download transcripts on the item page, and a variety of dependency updates and bug fixes. Github link: https://github.com/avalonmediasystem/avalon/releases/tag/v7.3
- Upload files directly from Google Drive
- Google Drive can now be added a source for the Avalon Dropbox file picker
- Update settings.yml with your Google OAuth 2.0 Client ID and secret to enable
- Transcript file download and viewer
- Transcript documents can now be added to item sections
- A transcript component will render on the item when a transcript document is present
- Upload in VTT or or DOCX format to view the transcript on the item page
- Users can download transcript files and click VTT timestamps to seek in the viewer
- Support for Google Tag Manager values for enhanced Analytics data
- Ruby 2.7 support
- Updated Docker build
- Dependency updates
- Better User Experience When Removing Captions
- Better resizing for the Advanced XML editor
- Fix for broken copy functionality on playlists
- Fix for file handling when a collection folder is missing or misnamed
If you have questions or need assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or find Contact us on our public Slack atchannel: samvera.slack.com/messages/avalon.
Joining a Slack team requires an invitation, but anyone can generate an automatic invite to the Samvera Community slack channel using the following form: Samvera Slack invite.