- Migration of content off removable physical media (or network storage locations) using tools that will ensure the authenticity and integrity of materials.
- Content analysis to identify viruses and malware; detect sensitive information; and identify file formats.
- Creation of standardized Submission Information Packages (SIPs) comprised of digital content and associated technical, descriptive, and preservation metadata.
- Provide an opportunity for collecting units to conduct a review and appraisal of content.
- Transfer of SIPs to the Scholarly Data Archive for secure storage.