Known Problems - 5.0.5
Containers with derivative files with uppercase characters fail to play
There is a bug where derivative files are forced to lowercase in the MediaObject record, but will ingest properly if uppercase. This causes a problem when trying to play the container because the file is not found. A workaround is to always make sure Wav files and derivative files are named using lowercase only.
Digitizer window hangs on save when derivative file is truncated
If the derivative file uploaded to the Variations server is truncated, the save process may cause the digitizer window to hang. This is due to the mp4creator process getting stuck and never terminating. The faulty derivative files should be replaced with newly created derivatives. If Variations is acting up as a result of this problem, a restart should clear it up.
Playlist menu separators on File and Bookmarks menus don't share playlist background color on Windows.
This is due to a bug in the JRE that is included in the Variations client. There is no current plan to provide a workaround.
See the entry in Java Bug Database for more information: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6575395
Quicktime 7.2 causes the Variations client not to start on PowerPC Mac
This is the result of a bad update process for Quicktime 7.2. This can be fixed by downloading the Quicktime 7.2 update from Apple's website (http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/quicktime72formac.html) and rerunning the update.
On Mac OSX 10.5 (Leopard) help menu search returns results unrelated to Variations
Mac OSX 10.5 (Leopard) has a search embedded in the help menu of every application. This search returns links to menu items within Variations and links to non-Variations help documentation. Currently, Variations does not make use of the Mac OSX help documentation features. This results in Apple's default functionality which is to return any help documentation results in the help menu search. There is no workaround.
Apple Key-Space keystroke does not pause Variations player on Mac OSX
On Mac OSX, Apple Key-Space causes Mac Spotlight search to open and does not cause the Variations player to pause playback.
generateAccessPage.sh does not work on the Variations server
Running bin/generateAccessPage.sh from dmlserv's home directory as dmlserv will fail due to missing configuration in conf/client/dml.conf. To fix this, copy the following name/value pairs from conf/server/dmlserver.xml:
conf/client/dml.conf should then look like the following regarding these properties:
Previous Known Problems
- Known Problems - 5.0.4 - All problems not listed above have been dealt with in the Variations 5.0.5 release and are only linked here for reference.
- Known Problems - 5.0.3 - These have all been dealt with in the Variations 5.0.4 release and are only linked here for reference.
- Known Problems - 5.0.2 - These have all been dealt with in the Variations 5.0.3 release and are only linked here for reference.
- Known Problems - 5.0.1 - These have all been dealt with in the Variations 5.0.2 release and are only linked here for reference.
- Known Problems - 5.0 - These have all been dealt with in the Variations 5.0.1 release and are only linked here for reference.