MODS: The Library of Congress' Network Development and MARC Standards Office, with interested experts, has developed a schema for a bibliographic element set that may be used for a variety of purposes, and particularly for library applications.
Metadata Object Description Schema (MODS):
- Type of collection: Materials with existing item-level MARC cataloging
- Appropriate metadata standard: MODS 3.0
- Example collection: University of Chicago Chopin Early Editions Project <http://chopin.lib.uchicago.edu/>
- Resources to consult: MODS official Web site <http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/>; MODS User Guidelines <http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/v3/mods-userguide.html>
- Usage notes: Items for which MARC cataloging already exists can be transformed into MODS records for use in digital library applications.
- MODS XSD