Minimum requirements for an object to be allowed into the repository
There are very few requirements for objects to be entered into the repository:
- The object must have a valid DLP Identifier.
- Any media files in the object must adhere to the Filename Requirements for Digital Objects.
- The date the object was created (in the repository) must be recorded.
- The object must have a valid Object Status.
- The object must indicate an owner. The owner is an individual, department, or institution that is responsible for maintaining the object's access policies.
Other requirements will differ depending on object type.
- Will we allow "temporary" objects in the repository, or will all objects in the repository be objects that we intend to preserve indefinitely?
- should we store support files like XML schemas? XSL? CSS? HTML?
- if we do store these, can they all fit into one content model?
- What status levels do we need for adequate tracking of objects in the repository?