This page is under development. Some standards have been finalized, but not all.
Minimum requirements for an object to be allowed into the repository
There are very few requirements for objects to be entered into the repository:
- The object must have a valid DLP Identifier.
- Any media files in the object must adhere to the Filename Requirements for Digital Objects.
- The object must have a valid Object Status.
- The (item-level) object must belong to a collection. Even if the object is referenced in multiple collections, it will have a single "primary" collection that is referenced by its DLP Identifier.
- The object's owner must intend for the object to be retained for a long time. "Temporary" objects are not allowed, and should be handled by some other means.
Other requirements will differ depending on object type.
- What are our policies regarding removal of objects from the repository?