The IU Digital Library Infrastructure Project
The goal of the Infrastructure Project is to simplify and centralize the basic activities of the DLP, with a focus on the activities of collection creation and collection maintenance.
We are currently starting to plan the Infrastructure Project Schedule.
It is useful to have an understanding of the existing DLP Collections.
The major areas of concern for the Infrastructure Project are:
- Project Requirements:
- The central Digital Repository Architecture
- Media and Metadata Validation
- Documentary Photograph Collections
- Art Image Collections
- Multi-page/Text document collections
- Federated Search
- Storage in HPSS
- Repository Preservation System
- Surrounding technologies.
We may also expand the project to include:
- Finding aids
- Web sites
- Green cheese