This is a private wiki space, but much of it has been opened for public read-only access. Our goal is to allow other digital library developers to see what we're doing, with the understanding that information on this wiki is primarily intended for our internal use. Information you find here may be outdated, in-progress, and possibly incorrect.
The Infrastructure Project will simplify and centralize the basic activities of the Indiana University Digital Library Program, with primary emphasis on the activities of collection creation and collection maintenance. The general need for an infrastructure is clear; this wiki details how we are building one. Specific goals include:
- Build a centralized repository system based on Fedora
- Build tools for creating collections in the repository
- Move existing/upcoming collections into the new repository
- Migrate content out of IBM Content Manager
- Maintain parallelism with Evia, even if the repositories stay separate
- Support development of IN Harmony
- Support development of the new IU Archives Photo Collection
- Migrate content out of DLXS
- Implement search/browse in the repository
- Move searching functionality for all collections that are in the repository
- Convert DIDO to DIDO2
- Move all other collections into the repository
- Improve end-user interaction with our collections
- Move collections to JPEG2000?
The Infrastructure Project Schedule summarizes our current plans to achieve these goals.