The IU Digital Library Infrastructure Project
The general goal of the Infrastructure Project is to simplify and centralize the basic activities of the DLP, with a focus on the activities of collection creation and collection maintenance.
Specific goals include:
- Build a centralized repository system
- Build tools for creating collections in the repository
- Move existing/upcoming collections into the repository
- Get rid of IBM Content Manager
- Maintain parallelism with Evia, even if the repositories stay separate
- Support development of IN Harmony
- Support development of the new IU Archives Photo Collection
- Get rid of DLXS
- Implement search/browse in the repository
- Move searching functionality for all collections that are in the repository
- Convert DIDO to DIDO2
- Move all other collections
- Improve end-user interaction with our collections
- Move collections to JPEG2000?
- Build tools for maintaining collections in the repository
The Infrastructure Project Schedule summarizes our current plans to achieve these goals.
Useful documentation to support the project: