For the DLP Infrastructure Project, we have not yet defined a set of supported versions of various libraries, but we currently use these settings:
- Tomcat 5.5, set up within MyEclipse.
- You must have xercesImpl.jar in the jre/lib/ext folder of the Java installation that Tomcat is using (or elsewhere in Tomcat's classpath).
- In the Eclipse preferences dialog, under MyEclipse/Application Servers/Tomcat5/JDK, in "Optional Java VM Arguments":
- Make sure there is a log4j.properties file in Tomcat's common/classes directory. It should define a log4j.rootLogger as well as a log4j.logger.edu.indiana
If something strange is happening in Tomcat, try these steps in order, and stop when you find one that fixes the problem:
- Restart the webapp
- Restart Tomcat
- Stop Tomcat, delete the Tomcat/work directory, and start Tomcat
LambdaProbe is an application that provides enhanced monitoring of Tomcat's services. To make full use of it, you must have this environment variable set in the environment that runs Tomcat: