Notes about what source control systems we use and how we use them.
- Strictly branch on each JIRA ticket and merge back to master when completed
- Create version release branches when preparing for a release (major or minor not bugfix), when done tag and merge any missing changes to master
- For bugfix releases, make changes in necessary branch and then tag and merge any missing and applicable changes to master
- This is similar to A Successful Git Branching Modelbut with some differences. We might be able to use git-flow if we want to.
- Another approach which doesn't work for us exactly: Github's Git workflow
- If necessary, we can convert a SVN repository to git and push it to github, but let's avoid it if possible.
- Do we need to use Subversion for anything? Let's try to avoid it.