For detailed information on current and previous versions of Avalon, please see the Releases page on Github.
Avalon 7.3 (2021)
- Improved support for Google Analytics and Matomo
- Transcript Display Support
- Transcript documents able to be viewed alongside media content (closed captions support already present in the Avalon player)
- Standard file types such DOCX and WebVTT supported for transcripts
Avalon on Hyrax (2021)
The next major version of Avalon will be written using the Hyrax Ruby on Rails Engine. The Avalon team's goal is to keep pace with current Hyrax development.
- Feature parity with Avalon 7.x
- Avalon IIIF Player will replace the current Avalon 7.x media player
- Uses a new audiovisual work type
Avalon IIIF Player
This React-based application will be under active development alongside Avalon 7.x and Avalon on Hyrax.