Indiana University, in partnership with Northwestern University, has been awarded a National Leadership Grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services to support the creation of a freely available open source software system to enable academic libraries and archives to easily proviAvalonMediaSystem_Logo_RGB_Small.pngde online access to their video and audio collections. This project, formerly known as Variations on Video, will run from October 1, 2011 - September 30, 2014.
Learn About the Avalon Project
To join one of the project mailing lists or to connect with the project in other ways
- Visit the Avalon Connect page
Older documents and project background are linked below.
- Grant Proposal One-Page Abstract
- Grant Proposal Narrative
- IU press release, November 30, 2011: IU receives grant to create software system for video and audio collections
- Original IMLS Planning Grant Site
For more information, please contact the Project Directors:
Older documents, to be organized
For partners and others wanting to try out the system or install it.
- Try out Avalon on a test server
- Download a virtual machine image of Avalon, or install it manually
- Quick links to Avalon technical documentation
- Set up a development environment
- Visit Avalon on Github
Other tools and places
Old documents, to be organized