Public Wiki Space: Work in Progress
This is a public wiki space for developing and tracking cross-training modules and a new digital archive, The History of the IU Libraries, which will serve as a hands-on learning project for first year, frontline Scholars' Commons staff. Our intention is to share our process, but keep in mind that this wiki space is constantly a work in progress. The project team reserves the right to create a private space for posting more sensitive information. If this happens, we will be sure to mark these pages or areas as "staff only."
- Our Blog: https://blogs.libraries.iub.edu/iulrn/
- Our Twitter: https://twitter.com/iulrn
- Our Google Drive Folder: https://drive.google.com/?usp=folder&authuser=0#folders/0B99rK51HjFXybmdaZGFsQ0FlUjA
- Group digitization image file storage on Crystal
- Map network drive to: \\bl-libg-crystal\ResearchNow\
- Or on a Mac, map drive to: smb://bl-libg-crystal.ads.iu.edu (find Research Now folder)
- JIRA Requirements Tracking: https://bugs.dlib.indiana.edu/browse/HIL
The Indiana University Libraries' Scholars’ Commons, located on the first floor of the East tower of the Herman B Wells library:
is envisioned as a vibrant, attractive central-campus space dedicated to technologies and services that support in-depth scholarship and scholarly community. Scholars will come to this facility to use cutting-edge technologies, attend seminars and consult with experts on tools, collections and innovative approaches that further their research in the humanities, arts, sciences and social sciences. In addition to a cohesive set of technologies and services, the IU Scholars’ Commons will be a flexible space for building community and sparking interdisciplinary inquiry. <http://www.libraries.iub.edu/index.php?pageId=530000144>.
In preparation of the opening of the Scholars' Commons, staff from Collection Development & Scholarly Communications, Library Technologies, Reference Services, and Arts & Humanities will engage in a 12-18 month long hands-on learning project--- the development of the History of the IU Libraries digital archive.
The purpose of this wiki space is to document the learning project and training plan being developed for first year, frontline Scholars' Commons staff. This wiki space is public and is meant to serve as a way to openly track progress across the Libraries, but also to share our process with other academic libraries interested in doing the same.
Learning Project Proposals, Plans and Policies
- Proposal submitted to the Scholars' Commons Task Force, June 2013: SC_Training_Proposal.pdf
- History of the IU Libraries Project Scope Statement
Schedule and Workshop Materials
- Research Now: Workshop Schedule
- Research Now: Workshop Materials (in progress)
- Research Topics and Resources for History of the IU Libraries
- Sign-Up for Research Topics
- Sign-Up for IU Archives Orientation
- Research Now: Cross-Training for Digital Scholarship Meetings: Agendas & Notes
- Research Now: Cross-Training for Digital Scholarship Project Team Members and Communication Protocols
- Research Now: Reserving Conference Rooms and Computing Equipment
Processing the Collection
- High-level organization for the collection
- Combined inventory spreadsheet for the collection
- Research Now: Processing the History of IU Libraries Collection
Web Site Design
- Research Now: User Stories
- Research Now: Web Site Development Scratchpad
- Research Now: Web Site Specifications (iterative, ongoing updates)
- Research Now Digital Library Brown Bag, Spring 2014
- Research Now: In-House Institute, May 2014 (Google drive folder)
- The Developing Librarian Project, Columbia University Libraries
- <digiPrep> Workshops for Digital Research Best Practices, Stanford University Libraries
Scholars' Commons Helpful Documentation: Guides, How-Tos, etc.