You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
An Avalon item is created every time you choose the Create menu even if you do not associate any media or metadata with the item. Once the Create Item button is clicked, there is no way to cancel the item from being created.
- Items can be published without adding any media to them. To keep them hidden, edit the item and then, on the Preview page, click Unpublish at the top of the item.
- VOV-2029 - Getting issue details... STATUS Content in the batch ingest file is case sensitive. Be sure not to mix case as this might case problems with the ingest process
In some versions of Delayed Job, a process can go out of control and hog resources. Here are instructions for restarting delayed job.
- When using Adobe Media Server with Avalon, MP3s are unable to be played back in the application if they are uploaded using the skip transcoding option.
- When using skip transcoding for single or multiple derivatives, Avalon's master file management setting is applied to the highest quality derivative (or single) only. This means that if your application is set to move files to another location (removing them also from the dropbox) then only the highest quality derivative is affected - leaving other two in place.
- VOV-3769 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- The Manage Groups interface will allow the creation of a group name with embedded (blank) spaces, but sometimes members of that group will not have access to items in the collection. Solution: For now, don't create groups with spaces in the name–use hyphens or underscores.
- In the Manage Groups interface it is possible for members of group_managers to delete any Ad Hoc groups even if they are not the group creator. If you do try to delete these groups, you will receive a delete confirmation message.
- VOV-2043 - Getting issue details... STATUS Renaming a group may remove permissions from collections and items. To fix this problem be sure to reapply any exceptions after the group has been renamed.
- For video navigation and playback of structured segments, links jump to the closest previous keyframe boundary (keyframes are every two seconds for any Avalon transcoded materials) which can result in the previous structure link being played and highlighted until the player catches up to the correct time offset.
- If you are using the AMS streaming server on any desktop platform - from a paused player state, clicking the first segment link (only after a later time offset is selected) does not register. You must click it twice for it to register the correct time offset. This is an issue with RTMP playback on AMS and will be addressed in Release 5.
- If you are using the Red5 streaming server on any desktop platform, the player will not update to a current still image in pause mode. It will display the poster image instead.
- If you are using an Android device with any server, seeking prior to playback does not update the still image on your video, but it will display the poster image and play from the selected time.
- If you are using an iPhone - any seeking via structure in the page view will not reflect the current frame but displays the video's poster image. This will not affect the playback from starting at a specific time.
Android (all streaming servers) - when navigating timeline via structure links or via the scrubber - Android seeks to HLS segment start instead of time offset and creates strange navigation/playback experiences. It's usually a few seconds off.
- If you are using Internet Explorer 10, the embedded player will not go full screen.
- Avalon uses the HTML element iframe for video embedding. Embedding will not work with sites that do not support iframes.
- No labels