Avalon 7.3 includes support for uploading files from Google Drive, a new component that allows users to view and download transcripts on the item page, and a variety of dependency updates and bug fixes. Github link: https://github.com/avalonmediasystem/avalon/releases/tag/v7.3
- Upload files directly from Google Drive
- Google Drive can now be added a source for the Avalon Dropbox file picker
- Update settings.yml with your Google OAuth 2.0 Client ID and secret to enable
- Transcript file download and viewer
- Transcript documents can now be added to item sections
- A transcript component will render on the item when a transcript document is present
- Upload in VTT or or DOCX format to view the transcript on the item page
- Users can download transcript files and click VTT timestamps to seek in the viewer
- Support for Google Tag Manager values for enhanced Analytics data
- Ruby 2.7 support
- Updated Docker build
- Dependency updates
- Better User Experience When Removing Captions
- Better resizing for the Advanced XML editor
- Fix for broken copy functionality on playlists
- Fix for file handling when a collection folder is missing or misnamed
If you have questions or need assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us on our public Slack channel: samvera.slack.com/messages/avalon.
Joining a Slack team requires an invitation, but anyone can generate an automatic invite to the Samvera Community slack channel using the following form: Samvera Slack invite.