You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
An Avalon item is created every time you choose the Create menu even if you do not associate any media or metadata with the item. Once the Create Item button is clicked, there is no way to cancel the item from being created.
- Items can be published without adding any media to them. To keep them hidden, edit the item and then, on the Preview page, click "Unpublish" at the top of the item.
- The confirmation email sent upon a successful batch ingest displays raw CSS text at the bottom.
- For multi-section items, thumbnails can only be selected from the first section.
In some versions of Delayed Job, a process can go out of control and hog resources. Here are instructions for restarting delayed job.
- When using Adobe Media Server with Avalon, MP3s are unable to be played back in the application if they are uploaded using the skip transcoding option.
- When performing multiple bibliographic imports where more than one identifier is used, some catalog data will persist, and new data will be appended.
- When using skip transcoding for single or multiple derivatives, Avalon's master file management setting is applied to the highest quality derivative (or single) only. This means that if your application is set to move files to another location (removing them also from the dropbox) then only the highest quality derivative is affected - leaving other two in place.
- The Manage Groups interface will allow the creation of a group name with embedded (blank) spaces, but sometimes members of that group will not have access to items in the collection. Solution: For now, don't create groups with spaces in the name–use hyphens or underscores.
- In the Manage Groups interface it is possible for members of group_managers to delete any Ad Hoc groups even if they are not the group creator. If you do try to delete these groups, you will receive a delete confirmation message.
- VOV-2043 - Getting issue details... STATUS Renaming a group may remove permissions from collections and items. To fix this problem be sure to reapply any exceptions after the group has been renamed.
- Scrolling or dragging the timeline bar to the end of a video causes the video to continuously load
- When Chrome is set so that Flash needs to ask before running, Avalon does not ask to run flash; instead, Chrome just fails to run.
- For video navigation and playback of structured segments, links jump to the closest previous keyframe boundary (keyframes are every two seconds for any Avalon transcoded materials) which can result in the previous structure link being played and highlighted until the player catches up to the correct time offset.
- If you are using the AMS streaming server on any desktop platform - from a paused player state, clicking the first segment link (only after a later time offset is selected) does not register. You must click it twice for it to register the correct time offset. This is an issue with RTMP playback on AMS and will be addressed in Release 5.
- If you are using the Red5 streaming server on any desktop platform, the player will not update to a current still image in pause mode. It will display the poster image instead.
- If you are using an Android or iPhone device, seeking prior to playback displays the poster image rather than a still of the current point in the video. Once playback is started, the video plays normally.
- Volume adjust icon does not display in certain configurations of Chrome running on a Windows machine.
- In certain configurations of Chrome, the media player cannot be accessed using the TAB button on the keyboard
- In certain configurations of Firefox, Play/Pause is not accessible with the SPACEBAR
- If you are using Internet Explorer 10, the embedded player will not go full screen.
- Avalon uses the HTML element iframe for video embedding. Embedding will not work with sites that do not support iframes.
- Newly created markers do not display their Time value in the tooltip that displays when the mouse cursor is over the marker icon in the media player.
- Markers toward the end of the video do not align correctly with the time rail.
- No labels