Journals must meet the following requirements to be eligible to issue Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs):
- The journal is based out of the Bloomington campus.
- The journal is not a student publication.
- The journal has been issued an ISSN.
- The journal agrees to include outbound DOI links within article references. (That is to say, if a DOI exists for an article that an author has listed in his/her references, the DOI is included as a part of the reference. You might consider making this part of your submission guidelines for authors.)
If your journal qualifies, start the process here!
Email email@example.com and let us know that you would like to start issuing DOIs starting with volume/number XXX.
An IUScholarWorks staff member will configure the DOI Plugin and CrossRef Export/Registration Plugin in OJS for your journal.
Check to see if DOIs exist for references in your upcoming issue.
- In the Registered email box, enter firstname.lastname@example.org (or, create your own free account here: http://www.crossref.org/requestaccount/).
- In the main text box, cut and paste citations from a Word document. You may enter the entire list of citations at once; however, each individual reference should appear on a separate line. Because PDF documents preserve line breaks, we advise copying and pasting from a Word document whenever possible.
- Click Submit.
- Add any DOIs that are returned to article references. Make sure to display the DOI as a hyperlink by preceding it with https://doi.org/ (as in https://doi.org/10.14434/josotl.v14i1.3943). This form follows new guidelines for DOI display http://blog.crossref.org/2016/09/new-crossref-doi-display-guidelines.html.