This is a work in progress in preparation for upcoming Avalon 7 release
See the Avalon 7.0 Release Notes for more information.
Avalon 7.0 and above requires Ruby 2.5 or newer. If you're using RVM, simply run
|Old setting||New setting||Note|
For Manual Installations
- Download and deploy new code from the avalon repository.
- Install bundler 2, update gems, and migrate DB
3. Update JS dependencies
3. Copy rightsstatement.org controlled vocabulary from config/controlled_vocabulary.yml.example into config/controlled_vocabulary.yml
4. Restart passenger (if using)
5. Replace Resque with Sidekiq (background jobs processor)
7. Upgrade mediainfo
8. Retire Matterhorn
9. Setup nginx streaming if you had been previously depending on the rails server to serve the HLS content.
10. Run waveform backfill script
This script will kick off many background jobs to generate waveform data for existing content for use with the new structural metadata editor. (New content will have waveforms generated as part of the ingest process.) If you have a lot of files ingested into Avalon the background jobs may take a very long time to run. See Waveform Backfill Script for more information.
For Docker Installations
Pull or Rebuild Avalon container.
Check config changes then replace the Avalon container