For detailed information on current and previous versions of Avalon, please see the Releases page on Github.
Avalon 7.2 (October 2020)
- Supplemental File Support
- Any file (transcripts, PDF documents, images, etc.) can be uploaded as a supplemental file for users to download and view. The list of files Files can be associated with an item or a specific section.
- Item Merge
- "Merge" is a new option for Managers and Administrators in the Selected Items screen. This action combines all currently selected items into a single item that contains the set of all sections from the source items.
- Access Description Panel
- A panel now appears below the descriptive metadata panel that displays the current access restrictions present on the item.
Avalon 7.3 (Winter 2020)
- Improved support for Google Analytics and Matomo
- Transcript Display Support
- Transcript documents able to be viewed alongside media content (closed captions support already present in the Avalon player)
- Standard file types such DOCX and WebVTT supported for transcripts
Avalon on Hyrax (2021)
The next major version of Avalon will be written using the Hyrax Ruby on Rails Engine. The Avalon team's goal is to keep pace with current Hyrax development.
- Feature parity with Avalon 7.x
- Avalon IIIF Player will replace the current Avalon 7.x media player
- Uses a new audiovisual work type
Avalon IIIF Player
This React-based application will be under active development alongside Avalon 7.x and Avalon on Hyrax.