The IU Digital Library Infrastructure Project
The Infrastructure Project will simplify and centralize the basic activities of the DLP, with primary emphasis on the activities of collection creation and collection maintenance.
Specific goals include:
- Build a centralized repository system
- Build tools for creating collections in the repository
- Move existing/upcoming collections into the repository
- Get rid of IBM Content Manager
- Maintain parallelism with Evia, even if the repositories stay separate
- Support development of IN Harmony
- Support development of the new IU Archives Photo Collection
- Get rid of DLXS
- Implement search/browse in the repository
- Move searching functionality for all collections that are in the repository
- Convert DIDO to DIDO2
- Move all other collections
- Improve end-user interaction with our collections
- Move collections to JPEG2000?
The Infrastructure Project Schedule summarizes our current plans to achieve these goals.
Useful documentation to support the project: