For the DLP Infrastructure Project, we have not yet defined a set of supported versions of various libraries, but we currently use these settings:
- Tomcat 5.5, set up within MyEclipse.
- You must have xercesImpl.jar in the jre/lib/ext folder of the Java installation that Tomcat is using (or elsewhere in Tomcat's classpath).
- In the Eclipse preferences dialog, under MyEclipse/Application Servers/Tomcat5/JDK, in "Optional Java VM Arguments":
- I've also tried net.sf.saxon.om.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl, but it failed. Perhaps it was only a missing jar – I didn't look into it at all (yet).
- Make sure there is a log4j.properties file in Tomcat's common/classes directory. It should define a log4j.rootLogger as well as a log4j.logger.edu.indiana
If something strange is happening in Tomcat, try these steps in order, and stop when you find one that fixes the problem:
- Restart the webapp
- Restart Tomcat
- Stop Tomcat, delete the Tomcat/work directory, and start Tomcat